Sunday, May 30, 2010

What kept me busy the past two days?

I miss my blog! I haven't accessed it for two days as I was busy.  This week, I was trying to have a post daily and have been successful until Wednesday.  Unfortunately, my shift at work last Thursday ended at 11 PM and slept early so I missed one. 

Same goes with Friday.  I was up the whole day and night of Friday and early day of Saturday. It was a "cramming" & busy day as I was finishing 15 giveaway cakes for the godparents of my friend, Honeylette's daughter Samantha Sage.  I was asked to be a godparent and in turn gave a Christening cake for Sage as my gift. 

Here are the pics of the day/days that kept me busy.  I had fun doing all of them.  Do you see the square fondant cake in the middle?  That' for me. :D



The giveaway cake for the godparents.  The flavor was Food for the Gods which made the cakes heavy as it was loaded with dates walnuts.  Size was 4 in x 3.5 in.  Sage's parents' wedding motif was pink and yellow - the favorite colors of the her mom. Thus, this was requested to be added on the cake for the design. 



Another color variation intended for the "ninongs".



Up close .  There are still a lot of flaws.  Oh! By the way, this is my first attempt of doing a fondant cake! I studied cake decorating about 10 years ago but I seldom apply fondant to my caks.  So you see now, I still need a lot of practice. Cake is Chocolate Pound cake and is disappointing. I tried a new recipe I found online and even with so many reviews, it didn't taste as what I expected.   It is good for a fondant cake but the taste I don't prefer. 



The booties - I enjoyed doing and decorating them. :D



Lastly, the supposedly baby blocks, check this http://dimmpss.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/styro-blocks/ that I should be using as part of the cake table were forgotten.  A sign of getting older.  :(

4 comments:

  1. I love the color combination of the small cakes! And your fondant cake is almost perfect! Yay! What thing funny though, you forgot to use the styro blocks!!! LOL It's okay,you're not Marj if you weren't forgetful. :)

    Good job Marj! Please save me some FFTG. See you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments, Niq! I still need more and more practice with fondant and gumpaste. In time, I know we can perfect it. :D Haha! So, it's not me then? I don't want to perfect that "forgetfulness" though in time. Hmmm, FFTG on Wednesday? We'll see. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marj,

    The cake you made for Sage is so cute and adorable just like the celebrant.

    Hope to see the rest of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the praise too, Aids! Yes, I'll share the other photos soon esp. the pictures of Abe's farm's models. ;-)

    ReplyDelete