Friday, May 21, 2010

Sumo Sam

One weekend,  due to boredom, I dragged my younger sister, Manel to Marquee Mall (a new mall in Angeles City owned by Ayala) to check some make-up stuff.  Looking for a place to have our lunch, we ended up at  Sumo Sam.  I was craving for Japanese food so this was the right place.    

The ambiance was okay.  The menu has extensive dishes to offer which has caused a problem for a person who's very fickle-minded as me since I had to change my order now and then. :D  So, what did we get?   

Crunchy Squid @ P138. This is an appetizer that is sweet & spicy.  I like this dish particularly the cucumber that was added to balance the spiciness and sweetness of the sauce.  

  

California Roll @ P189.  Nothing spectacular about this dish. I  prefer the California Maki at Hanami along Fields Avenue over this one.  

  

Ninja Fry at P108. When I got this dish, I wondered on how I will eat it. LOL.  Anyway, I used chopsticks and had around three bites to finish it. Haha!  The dish is like a tortilla-wrapped dish except it's nori that was used to wrap the rice and vegetables. Nothing more to rave about. :(  

  

Beef Yakinuko @ P228.  Overall the dish doesn't taste good.  The rice is soaked with too much sauce/drippings from the meat dish.  However, the beef was tender and tasty.   

  

My sister and I were not happy with the dishes we ordered, thus may think twice of going back to this restaurant. 

8 comments:

  1. i want to see marquee mall na! puro kau eating neh:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. why? you haven't been to marquee mall? shemps! our family is known to be a lover of food and matakaw. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this resto, but good thing you shared your experience. I must say the Japanese resto we ate at SM Clark is much better then huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rai-rai ken! Let's go back there and try their bestsellers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi jo,

    i'm not fond of japanese food but i think sumo sam deserves a try. we'll dine later at new york supreme, hopefully jack will be bringing her digicam to capture their mouthwatering panizza and pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh ate marj, honestly the food there sucks! hahahaha..i am not a happy customer when we ate there...lols, their food are expensive and its not even worth the price that you pay for. I highly recommend Red Kimono, place is nice and their food...they're all great! ♥muah♥ Foodtrip ulit tayo minsan, I miss our Hanami days =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you might wanna give Sumo Sam a try and rate it yourself. :) I've read on some blogs that there are other dishes that are worth the try. As for me, I won't go back to that place anymore. Hehe! Funny, Jo! You didn't expect me coming, huh? Oh! Jack was supposed to be there? Good thing, I always have my cam with me. I'll blog the food we ate in a little while. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got it right, Coline with the food and the price. Oh well! At least we tried it. Hmm, I think I haven't been to Red Kimono. With your recommendation, I'll check that out then. Yes, let's schedule a food trip. You should have joined us at New York Supreme awhile ago. The food is superb!

    ReplyDelete