Monday, May 24, 2010

Monica/Cheska is turning 7!

How time really flies fast!  I got this tag on my Facebook account and my first and only niece, Monica Francesca  is celebrating her 7th birthday soon! It seems like it was only a few years ago  where I was on a few days of vacation in Isabela and I was cuddling this baby that would not stop crying in the middle of the night while her mom started crying as well.  Talking about postpartum depression, huh?

I don't know how and where it all started but here in the Philippines (Filipinos love celebrating), a kid's 7th birthday is a big deal.  It's like a 1st birthday party or a debutante party for girls.  Parents start to prepare months before the celebration.  My sister is no exception to this.  A week would not pass by asking me for suggestions or ideas on her daughter's upcoming birthday and this was like 6 or 8 months ago. LOL.  Even the theme of her party has changed from a princess to  Hawaiian to masquerade and finally to a winter wonderland theme in June!  We're keeping our fingers crossed that it will not rain on that day.

On top of my regular nine-hour shift full-time job, this party will keep me busy the coming days as I will be making the decorations on her birthday cake as well as for a christening cake for a party I will be attending this Saturday where I will be a godmother for the nth time.  I love to be such especially if it's a child of a close friend.  I hope I'll find time to blog still despite of little time. :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment