Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, MA!

In our family, we value occasions much that pertains to our parents which means celebrating their birthdays, mother's and father's day.  My sisters and I don't care much on how we celebrate our respective birthdays but it's imperative that if it's for our parents, we should be doing something to make them feel they're special.

Today, is mother's day as we all know.  At home, we're missing three sisters. Two are already married and currently live on different sides of Luzon (an island in the Philippines) - one is Cauayan City, Isabela while another in Nasugbu, Batangas.  The other sister is working as an English instructor in a  University in Vietnam.


Nonetheless, being the eldest in the family, I still tried to make this day a little special for my mom.  I reported to work the whole day and was supposed to meet my two younger sisters (who are still living with us) and my parents after my shift  in a mall  so we can have dinner and watch a movie together.  Unfortunately, my mom begged off.  She told me she's busy in the farm and my father who's currently a Barangay Councilor is assigned to man the Barangay Hall and requested to postpone the date.


That didn't stop us to celebrate this special occasion. My youngest sister, Mye cooked spaghetti (which I forgot to take a picture) after her work .  I, on the other hand, bought some food to celebrate this day.   What did we have?


  Greenwich Pizza. I was supposed to buy pizza from my all-time favorite chain - Pizza Hut.  Unfortunately, the queue was too long. I was in a hurry so I settled with Greenwich.


Greenwich Pizza cool box was designed by Team Manila by the way.



We had Philly Cheese Steak Overload.  It's a new pizza flavor offered if I am not mistaken. It's indeed overloaded with cheese but I wish it had more roast beef.



I so like pineapple so I ordered another one box of pizza with Ham and Pineapple topping or what is commonly known as Hawaiian.



I love Nathaniel's Sio Mai so when I passed by a supermarket that sells their goods, I bought one to add to the food.



Being a sweet-tooth, dessert should never be forgotten.  So I also bought Nathaniel's Buko (Young Coconut) Pandan Salad to complete the meal. 



It's frozen so here's how it looks like. 



To the most beautiful (She never wears make-up but still manages to look good), most industrious  and flexible ( She never gets tired of being a domesticated person who gave up a promising career just to take care of all six of us while managing a store on top of teaching and guiding us in our younger years.) and with most unique personality (I won't disclose why I said that. Hahah! You really have to know her to figure that out. ) MOTHER in the world that I have known, I hope you enjoyed this little celebration with us.  We may not be complete on this day but all of your daughters have thought of this occasion and each of us I know would like to say THANK YOU for bringing us to this world and for taking care of us even up to now that we've all grown up and some have married but still nothing has changed since you are still having sleepless nights when one is still not at home safely.  I know that we are not vocal in expressing our feelings for we have a connection that we understand each other. Still, let me say that on behalf of my sisters we want you know that WE LOVE YOU and may we have more Mother's day to celebrate with you.  :D


Happy Mother's Day, MA!   



Mom with L-R (Mylene, Marjorie, Marinel & Maricar...not on the pic are Maureen & Maritza)


8 comments:

  1. I like your Mom's outfit! Happy Mother's day Tita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Niq! I am her personal shopper and stylist so I should get credit for that. Hahah! Happy mother's day to Tita Susan too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youuuuu
    make mee feeeeelll
    like
    having
    a
    juicy tomato cheesy mushroomy pepper crispy dough pizza !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emo! Why don't you have one? Heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwawawawwawaw!!!! Happy Mother's Day!! so fattening food!!!:))) i prefer the hair of mother during manel's grad!! tell her to get over her dream of having long hair!haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. You missed the food. LOL. When are you going home so we can continue the party? Okay, I'll tell her that. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey it's girl power in the picture. you and your siblings looked stunningly beautiful and that's beacause of your mom. belated happy mother's day to your supermom. kudos to her for raising amazing daughters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the compliments, Jo! They say though I look like my father. :)

    ReplyDelete