Saturday, May 22, 2010

A date with my bestfriend, Grace

May 17 is one of the important dates I always remember.  It's the birthday of the kindest, selfless and most caring person I know in this planet.  She's my best friend, Grace.  I've known her since I was born and  we practically grew up together.  Today, I spent the afternoon with her to celebrate her birthday which I missed last Monday.  We had a late lunch at Gerry's Grill.  It's the only restaurant that we always frequent together (including Riza, our other childhood friend on some occasions when she's in Pampanga). 


After having full stomach, we watched a local movie with an English title (ironic, huh?) - "You To Me Are Everything" .  It makes me wonder now why our movies are titled in English.  Just for this week,  the two movies I watched  - "Here Comes The Bride" and "You To Me Are Everything" are both in an English title.  What's with having a Filipino title? 


Grace (I call her Auntie Grace at times for she's my third degree aunt or Gara when I am about to tease her) - the ever shy person that never outgrew that  behavior. 



We both didn't have breakfast and lunch and it was already almost 3 PM so we ordered a lot but didn't finish it all. "Takaw mata at tiyan." LOL.  Our order of Chicken Inasal.  The chicken was somewhat dry.  I prefer Mang Inasal's version over this. 



My all-time favorite side dish of Gerry's Grill - their Pinakbet.  I love how the sauce tastes a little sweet and how the "chicharon" complements the whole dish. 



Sizzling  Sisig Tuna.   For me a Sisig is not a Sisig if it doesn't have a liver incorporated on the dish.  This dish is delicious in itself but it could have been better if chopped grilled chicken liver was added.  Just thinking of it makes me say YUMMY!



Buko juice or Young Coconut juice.  Very refreshing!  I had a urinalysis (pardon me for saying the  word when I am talking about food...hehe!) and have a positive result :(  prior to having this lunch so this drink is a heaven-sent for I was about to order plain water which is boring when you're dining out.



 We opted not to have dessert.  That saddened me because a meal without dessert is not a meal for me. Haha!  I had to discipline myself though because I have an LBM (again, sorry for the word. LOL).


I couldn't control myself though.  I bought small Lindt mint dark chocolate from SM department store that were on sale (buy 1, take 1) and ate them while doing a little shopping. LOL.


Here's a teaser of the movie we watched.   It's a feel-good movie and I can say that being a hopelessly romantic person (hahah!), I was able to appreciate it.  I loved the scenic view in Benguet.  Just don't mind the high-pitched voice of Marian Rivera and corny lines in the movie.   







 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marj,

    Can't wait to read a post in this blog about our dinner in New York Supreme. I'll borrow the photos so I could post them in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aids,

    I just posted our dinner. Sorry, it took a little longer. I slept early and woke up late. LOL. Sure, feel free to use the photos. I can't wait to check your post as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Grace!!! :)) I'm not sure if you still remember me but I saw you like 5 years ago.. hihi Marj, let's meet up next week and have a dinner date! :) *Haven't you notice I'm not calling you Ate in our blogging world? Because I find it corny! hahaha Whatever. My comments are so random.. Toinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! You're funny! Actually, I haven't noticed coz at times you indeed don't call me Ate. That's cool though. Hehe! I will be very busy the next two weeks as I have two important occasions to attend to, not to mention the cakes to bake for those events. Keep me updated if you'll join me, ok? Let's go for some adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're busy again! Well, that's good for you. I wanna help you to bake all the cakes!!! :)) And oh.. I'll still have to make paalam pa. >.< You know I'm still a baby! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come and help me bake them. ;-) For the paalam kc? Ang tanda ah! LOL

    ReplyDelete