Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Face Shop products

Aside from cooking and baking, make-up is another passion that's been in my system since my grade school years.  Having a mom who's so plain and simple as she doesn't even bother to put a lipstick or gloss when she's out is a challenge.  She would not understand the art of being beautiful and the science behind it. Hehehe! Nonetheless, that didn't stop me in studying this art and growing old with it.

Every now and then, you will be reading posts about make-up as this occupies few hours of my time on a weekly if not a daily basis. 

Today, I would share with you my latest finds. They are all from "The Face Shop" - a Korean brand of cosmetics and skin care products.


Summer in the Philippines this year meant an average temperature of 34 to 35 degrees Celsius (based on the temperature I am getting in the aircon).  I know outside is much hotter and can even reach up to 40+!  With such temperature, we need lots of sunblock.  I bought one from The Face Shop. This has an SPF of 42.  It is not just a sunblock but a make-up primer as well with a natural color.  Just like all sunblock, the sticky feeling is evident when this cream is applied.  The difference though is that when make-up is applied, it seems like the face doesn't feel any heaviness as compared when regular sunblock is applied.



When I tried the tester of The Face Shop liquid foundation and liked it, I asked for its price and was surprised.  It was only more than P300! I couldn't believe it for I find it cheap for a liquid foundation.  While checking on the components, I came to the conclusion that it's cheap because of its packaging.  Yes, the content is housed in a toothpaste-like container, has no box and was just wrapped in a clear plastic.  I prefer packaging to be this simple and not much money put into it so consumers can enjoy great products without sacrificing the quality. By the way, The Face Shop liquid foundation is for people with oily skin who want a not so heavy coverage.



The Face Shop Brightening Rice Water Lip & Eye Make-up Remover.  I love this product so much! It easily removes eye make-up specifically waterproof mascara.  It is so mild and gentle and doesn't leave an oily feeling.



The Face Shop Dual Lip Care Kit.  It has a tinted lip balm and a exfoliator.  This  product is a must-have.  I especially like the lip balm for it doesn't give a sticky feeling and it has the right gloss.  Added to that is it keeps your lips a little pinkish for it is a tinted one.  The exfoliator is also a great part of the kit since it slough off dry skin on the lips. 



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment