Thursday, May 6, 2010

Food trip while shopping

It was sale at SM Clark last April 30 to May 2 and it was my first to time to really maximize my SMAC (SM Advantage Card) as I got an additional 10% off of all the items I purchased in the department store. This promotion was valid from 10 AM to 12 NN on the first day of the sale and was added on top of prices regardless if they were already on sale or not.

It was a good thing I was with my friend, Nikki whom I have been with a lot lately since we started hanging out again a couple of weeks ago for she patiently waited for me in the long queue so I c an pay immediately before 12 NN and get the discount.  

 

People swarmed the department store.  I was not able to take a picture of it but was glad that I got a discount of almost 2,000 pesos.  Is that not big?  :D

 

After all purchases were made, Nikki and I decided to eat at Pizza Hut since it was already lunch time.  She told me there's a combo meal worth 99 pesos only  that would satisfy our tummy which includes an appetizer (a choice of soup or salad),  main dish (pizza or pasta) and a choice of a drink or dessert.   We both decided in having the same dishes. 

 

While waiting for our orders to arrive,  Nikki modeled for me. :p


 

Caesar Salad for our appetizer


 

Pan-size cheeseburger for our main dish


 

We ordered an extra dishof ravioli filled with cheese and tomato based sauce.  It was very, very delicious!  I may go back to Pizza Hut just for this one and the salad.  Yum!


 

After lunch, we went on checking more boutiques and ended up buying more. Hehe!  While strolling, we passed by Buko (Young coconut) Expess. This is one of my favorite drinks for its purity and healthiness. 


 

Nikki with her Buco Shake. This drink was indeed refreshing since SM was becoming hotter with people flocking the mall.


 

We went strolling again and chanced on this kiosk - Frozen Dipped  Banana.  Nikki got excited!  She told me she's been dreaming of having this business and was surprised there's already one in the Philippines. 

 


 

Chocolate Frozen Banana with Rice crisps for  Nikki - she was disappointed as she told me it's not how she expected it to be.


 

Banana & Strawberry for me! I was looking for Peanut Butter actually but there was none.  This one was yummy.  Looks like a hotdog though with the color. Hehehe!


 

Nikki and I concluded the shopping date by having dinner at Rai Rai Ken.


 

My eyes caught Nikki's necklace (kissing necklace) as my subject. She felt giddy talking about this as the design is the same one that  Jun-pyo gave to Jandi in a Korean version of the Taiwanese version of Meteor Garden of the original Japanese version of Hana Yori Dango. Got it? LOL


 

Our food was served.   Gyoza!


 

Seafoods Bento


 

Green Tea


 

The food at Rai Rai Ken is affordable as you get quality and delicious dishes. I would definitely go back to this restaurant and order the same Seafoods Bento.  On second thought, I might try their bestsellers - Ramen.

The date was truly a break on the monotony of life.  If we could only go shopping and food-tripping daily. Oh well...

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This is all my pics! hahaha

    I love reading this post because it reminds me of the many things we have talked about, how much food we have eaten and the many boutiques we have visited. I had sooooo much fun with you girlfriend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I told you I love taking pics and not having mine taken. I still owe you one post though. Our Friday night gimic, remember? I want to put all the happenings and thoughts I have this blog so I will always have something to look back to. :D

    ReplyDelete