Sunday, May 16, 2010

Event styling

When I was growing up, florists were always part of big events.  I love them  for they create beautiful arrangements. They dress-up the tables and aisles and give flowers to whoever has a role in an event.  Nowadays, florists in events are not just florists.  They have moved-up to a greater role - an events stylist.  They not just "prettify" the tables but the venue as a whole which includes setting up a stage,  backdrop, adding lighting, floral arrangements (which at times are not just confined with flowers), etc.  It's another form of art that in another world I might consider doing.  Just kidding! ;-)


Here in Pampanga, we have three popular event stylists - Pancho Pantig of Plumeria, Janet Garbes of Floral Garden and Badang Rueda of Victorian Blooms .  Each of them has a unique talent that I love more than the florists I came to know.  Pictures below will speak for themselves but it's interesting to note that budget is of an essence in creating more beautiful designs.


The lighting is great on this picture. It achieved the color theme of my friend, Honeylette's and Erwin's wedding which is Yellow & Pink. The flowers are also splendid.  Photo credit goes to Glenn Sarmiento.  I was the maid of honor so I was not able to capture the beauty of the reception.  By the way, the event stylist my friend chose on her wedding is Pancho Pantig






This set-up is from the Flower Garden.  Janet Garbes or Ms. J as she's fondly called created a beautiful damask theme for the debutante.  I especially love the rich floral arrangements and the crystals hanging everywhere. 




Here's a creation of Badang Rueda.  The theme of the wedding is Winter Wonderland.  I can say it was achieved perfectly with all the white and silvery works done.  Lighting was exceptional as well.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I kept on looking at the winter wonderland theme.. The lighting, set-up really gives an illusion of snowy feel. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like the set-up and lighting too. I bet you're thinking of your wedding soon with that theme. ;-)

    ReplyDelete