Saturday, May 22, 2010

New York Supreme - the new Italian Restaurant in town!

After my date with Grace, I went straight to meet my other friends to try a newly opened restaurant - New York Supreme.

I first heard of New York Supreme from my Culinary teacher, Emelita Galang.  She sent me a text promoting this restaurant last month.   Then, a few days after, my friend, Nikki told me of  a good restaurant serving pizza near AUF.   Lastly, three days ago, while talking about food, another friend, Aids was talking of the same restaurant.  She had tried their pasta and version of pannizza and it's funny how she described it which will make you wanna go there right there and then.  I knew I need to check this new restaurant so together with Aids, my other friend, Pao scheduled a date to check it out.  That was the other night.

When Mrs. Galang sent the text, I was wondering if New York Supreme is one of  the Galang's family businesses.   So when I saw her weeks before, I asked her.  She told me it's not theirs but of an old student and just wanted to promote it.  She was very satisfied with all the food she ate there that is why she got excited and sent text messages to most of her students who love to eat and that includes me. LOL. 

She told me of the story of New York Supreme.  If my memory serves me right, she disclosed it is owned by one of the sons/daughters (I can't recall which is which) of the Kit family (owner of Mar's restaurant and Mar's garden) in Angeles City.   The son/daughter lived in the US for years and discovered a small restaurant serving the best pizza they have ever tasted in their area.  Thinking of bringing that pizza here in the Philippines, the son/daughter befriended the Italian owner/chef who actually makes the pizza himself.  At first, there was resistance.  The Italian was a snob but due to the persistence, they were able to know the weakness of the Italian.  They discovered that the Italian loves Chinese food.  Being an owner of a Chinese restaurant here in the Philippines, they started cooking and giving the Italian Chinese food which he liked immediately.  So, in the end the Kit family got what they wanted - getting the recipe for the pizza and learning how to cook the rest of the Italian food.  Mrs. Galang also mentioned that the ingredients they use on all their products are imported.  They want to give the best taste.  It's not saying that we have inferior products but the owners of New York Supreme would want to make their dishes as authentic as possible and substituting ingredients may sacrifice the taste.

I know what they are talking about so I can understand them.  And our date validated this after tasting all the dishes served to us.  Here's the experience. :D

Mommy Eds, Mommy Pao (though I don't call her that. LOL) and Mommy Aids.  Yes, I was with three mommies. I am the only single person though I wish I am a mom now too. Hahah! Out of topic.  That story calls for another loooooonger post but I don't I'll do it. ;-)



Puttanesca. When I arrived in the resto, my friends already ordered so I just skimmed the menu and ordered another pasta dish.  I was not able to take note of the exact names of the dish.  That's not that important though as I am more particular with the taste and I was starting to be hungry just seeing them.

We all tried this dish that was served first and what can I say? Superb! I am not a fan of Puttanesca but this will pass my rating. The pesto bread is also worth noting for. It was awesome! 



The most exciting dish - panizza! If you live in Angeles City and you love Italian food, you will not miss C' Italian's panizza.  That's the only restaurant I know that serves this dish.  Yellow Cab has their version, the Dear Darla but it would not match that of C's.  Until New York Supreme's version,  I can actually say C's has found its competitor! 



Pesto sauce.  We didn't order a bread but we were served pesto sauce.  It was a side dish of the panizza that added a different twist to its taste.  I believe the sauce was freshly made.



The filling to use in the panizza - Alfalfa and Aragula. The alfalfa looks like bean sprouts while the aragula like mustard leaves, huh? Panizza is not a panizza without these two vegetables.  I wish I can grow these two so I can incorporate them on my salad. 



For Aids.  She wanted me to take another picture of this.  :)



Chicken Parmigiana. Penne pasta was used and the dish was  topped with  chicken breast and plenty of mozzarella cheese.  We wondered if the chicken was partly pre-fried before it was topped as part of it was browned.  I was thinking though the reason for the browning was because it was broiled.  Still, we are wonder. LOL.  Nonetheless, the dish is another must-try particularly for those who love chicken and mozzarella.  You'll never get disappointed!



My order - Lasagna.  Don't say this is boring.  I am an adventurous eater and would try different dishes that I would not know of.  But that night, I wanted to give their lasagna a try.  I love the dish! The pasta was freshly made, not the store-bought ones. The meat was just right, not too much and overpowering the whole dish.  The mozzarella cheese, oh well!  The picture says it all.



We had a pitcher of red tea  and it was more than enough for the four us as we had around three rounds of full glasses of tea.  Overall, the restaurant is indeed great.  I will definitely go back here who knows how many times.  On the next visit, I will try their pizza and maybe order another panizza. 

Kudos to the owners of New York Supreme!  We need more restaurants like this that offer quality food at affordable prices. 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Beautiful! :D hehe. How are you? I'm doing just fine. Ati ku Manila, studying parin. Challenging ya ing Spanish pero masanting. :D Mag enjoy ku ngeni. O ika nanung balita? Nakung kaburi keng blog mu grabi! ut Ngeni kepa ikit ini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi marj,

    thank you for the post. i enjoyed our dinner last night at NYS immensely. it was my second time in NYS and i'll definitely go back there probably with another set of friends. restos do not actually need to promote if their food or product is made with quality at affordable prize.

    i'll borrow the photos and post them in my blog too.

    'til our next bonding. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fren! Espanol na espanol naka neh? Kabongga mo at ali da naka areach kanyan. Ala masyadong balita at at ing life ku dudurut mu bale n stream. Hahah! Thanks for checking and liking my blog. Lately ku mu kc memagblog ulit kaya ali ke man sheshare ini. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delisyoso~~~ Your post made me wanna go back there... again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. true, aids! best marketing is free - word of mouth. i enjoyed the dinner too even if it was just a short one. as usual a lot of happy moments and giggling. hehe! sure, you can copy my pictures. i'm looking forward to your post. let's schedule another food trip/bonding soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's have lunch, merienda or dinner on our next bonding there. I wanna try their pizza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! It's my husband's birthday tomorrow and while waiting for something, I opened my FB account and there was ethel galang's note..she goes..have you read this and I got so excited for i saw the name new york supreme...and so i opened the blog and read all the details and of course savoring the praises..yes, we are the owner of NYS Chef Egay and Joyce Gomez..

    It was humbly overwhelming.. and I told ethel that am lost for words. And I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write and at the same time post photos as well.. :)

    would like to congratulate you for you have a very sharp memory/recollection about our history, i have a few corrections tho. I just want to give all the credits to my husband, Chef Egay Gomez for he is the key to all these success of NYS..He gave so much passion for this and took him almost a year of practice, enthusiasm and patience. I, on the other hand was just his so-called "alalay" :) sous chef.. I am the daughter also of Mar's restaurant/garden. I cook too :) but not as passionately as Chef egay for he had the hands of a true chef.

    with this, I would love meet you when you come visit us.. I had a great time reading and I did read some of your topic as well..very informative and done with so much heart. thank you and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce! Thanks for visiting my site. I got a lot of views on my NYS post yesterday and I think it's because of Ethel's note. Hehe! Please give my apologies to Chef Egay as I missed that detail. I would love to meet you and see in person the great chefs/owners of one of the best restaurants in AC. Happy Birthday to Chef Egay and more power to your business. God bless. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the best restaurants usually serve super delicious foods at a very low price ""

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the visit, PIC Programmer. ;-) i agree with you for best restaurants focus more on the quality of the food they serve and not so much on the aesthetic aspect.:D

    ReplyDelete