Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stress & Starbucks

Last Sunday was a stress for me at the early part of the day. Why?  Traveling from our place to Angeles City takes more than an hour with the usual 7 to 15 minute travel and this is the worst day so far for the week as there was no police managing the traffic.  Do they ALL get an off during Sundays that no one is seen working on the traffic?!?

What I really don't understand too is why do our government plan on doing roads when it was already the rainy season and classes are a few days to come which will cause heavier traffic and postponed work.  Added to the injury is why do they have to lift the "truck ban" when roads are being done or repaired? (I've heard one of the candidates agreed to lift the ban in replacement to his votes!)  Please help me understand this. It's causing much inconvenience on the majority of the people and it's really getting into my nerves!

The heavy traffic that I get to see and experience daily!



So being pissed at an early day, what did I do to cool myself? I was on my way to work but decided to drop by at SM Clark first. LOL.  Well, it's not really SM that I had in mind but the Green Tea Frappucino of Starbucks.  This frap is my favorite! I was offered to add hazelnut flavor to it and agreed as it was just free with my receipt from HSBC card as perk.  It was my first time to taste it with hazelnut. Boy, it was heavenly!!! I think will be always ordering this with hazelnut from now on.  Since I didn't have breakfast yet, I decided to pair my frap with Ham, Bacon and Gruyère Quiche.  I wasn't disappointed and finished it all before I even reached my office. Talking about hunger and forgetting about the 240 calories of the frap alone.  More and more calories are piling up my now heavy body. Hahah!



When I took out the green tea frap, I was contemplating on my order. That is a choice between the quiche and the chocolate cake.  I was thinking of the chocolate cake the whole day. Do you know that feeling?  So the night after my shift and dinner with my friend, Nola, I invited her to Starbucks to check on the chocolate cake.  I was disappointed.  The chocolate cake that I was eyeing that morning has been sold out.  :(  SADNESS!  I ordered the offer of the day instead - Espresso Frappucino and Rum Cake.  I wasn't that happy.  The cake was so-so while the Frap, well it's not my favorite. Hehe!



Rum cake. It was moist and buttery but the taste of the rum was not that distinct. It was covered with white chocolate and topped with pistachio nuts.  I don't think this will pass for a second order for me. 



That ends my meal on that day. I don't want to get stressed again as I eat too much.  This is a bad thing for me as I don't get to exercise.  So, help me please!   Will you remove the traffic in our place and speed up the road widening?  Calling the government of Porac and Angeles City!!!

1 comment:

  1. [...] a heavy rain that didn’t happen though. This is the same busy street that I posted here.  I am glad that it was now finished and [...]

    ReplyDelete