Monday, June 14, 2010

"Pasalubong" from Vietnam and a Treat

Last June 3 at around 7 AM when I was starting to get my sleep (I worked from a night shift  on that previous night), I heard loud knocks from our main door and shouts of  my name.  My sister Azha (Maritza) has just arrived from Vietnam to attend my niece's birthday party which was to happen in the next 3 days.  She was calling me to open the door for her.  Well, I was the only one at home so I had no choice but to get up and open the door.

It's a good thing my disturbed sleep was compensated with her luggage bag's content.  All sweets and nuts and Vietnamese coffee which I all love!  THANKS!

Nut & Coconut Nougut.  Haha! Rhyming...



Noodles.  Azha brought different flavors.  I prefer the spicy one.  This one tasted like our "Tinola".



Cashew nuts with honey.



Nescafe Vietnamese Coffee.  I love it!



Sesame seeds. One of the seeds I love in this world. :)



More sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, peanuts and cashew.



More candies...



and peanuts...



and more sesame seeds...



and MORE pasalubong for me to come hopefully! LOL




The following day she invited me to go shopping.  We were supposed to go to Marquee Mall but was running out of time as it was already late afternoon and she and her boyfriend, Art will be traveling to Isabela that night while I and my sister, Mylene will be baking the cakes and cupcakes that we will be bringing to Isabela the following day.  Talking about cramming again. LOL.

We decided to go to SM Clark instead.  While at Plains and Prints checking on some dresses, my youngest sister, Mylene and her boyfriend, Lucky arrived in the boutique and we were surprised because both boyfriends were wearing Astro Boy shirts! I can't imagine my "future" boyfriend wearing such. Hahaha! Oh well, unless he is in his 20s which I doubt will happen. LOL. What's with Astro Boy anyway?

Lucky and Art in their Astro Boy shirts. Be the judge and tell me who wears it better. Hahaha! Just kidding.



Azha trying a Plains & Prints dress.  I tried this same dress at Marquee mall to purchase for another sister but the size may not fit her so I didn't buy it.  I asked Azha to fit  it. She looks good on it. Unfortunately, they don't have her size.



Mye & Azha



Me & Azha. We all love Buko Express.  That deserves another post. ;-)



Azha trying a fashionable pair of Parisian shoes.  She loves it but she already bought a new pair of shoes in Celine so "regret" just fell on her. Sorry for you. Hehe!



We ended up at Gerry's Grill for our dinner.  My camera gave up so no pictures of food were taken. :p


2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I realized i'm soooooooooooooooo "MATABA" na!!! what to do what to do???? and one thing i've just realized while writing this, I'm so O.A! haha.. shikes! i need to go on a diet for real! why

    ReplyDelete
  2. OA indeed! LOL. We have to do something and exercise. I am starting now and just finished dancing. Hahah! I just bought a dance pad and I think I'm starting to lose some weight. ;-)

    ReplyDelete