Monday, June 14, 2010

Kabigting's Halo-halo, another Kapampangan's pride

Talking about Halo-halo, Pampanga has a lot to offer.  There's Razon's of Guagua, Corazon's and Susie's of Angeles City and Kabigting's of Arayat.   I have tried the Razon's halo-halo in its main branch in Guagua years back and I fell in love with it that is why whenever I get a chance and is craving for one, I easily go to their branch at Nepo, Angeles City.  Corazon's and Susie's are also very accessible. I can get an order immediately whenever I want to.

With Kabigting's, it's a different story.  Arayat, Pampanga is far from my town, Porac.  I never get a chance to check theirs in Arayat.  So, when I heard a colleague from work, Jackie being addicted to this halo-halo and frequenting Marquee Mall just for that, I had to pull my friend, Nikki who's a sweet-tooth person like me to sample it.  Boy, I wasn't disappointed! It's addicting!  Just thinking of it and writing it about it now makes me want to grab one!

Nikki San with her new look while waiting for our orders.



Their menu.  This could have been better if not for the handwriting and erasures.  Anyway, it doesn't matter as we're after the taste.



Palabok.  Equally delicious as their halo-halo.



The star! My eyes were drooling over the pastillas settled at the bottom. I was getting anxious to spoon it.  Hahah!



See?  The secret ingredients.  I really don't think they are secret.  The milk is not sweet which I heard is carabao's milk.  The spooned ingredients are pastillas which they also sell, sweet corn and beans.  Just like Razon's, its simplicity is what I love!



What can you say? You be the judge and tell me if we enjoyed it.  :D


2 comments:

  1. wow ate Marj, simut sarap! LOL
    I was able to try their Halo Halo unfortunately I am not a fan, although it's really creamy and the pastillas is delicious but it didn't stand out for me.

    Btw, How come you're not in the picture? madaya!
    Hugs to you!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That's sad that you didn't like it. Well, that just proves people have different preferences. Hmmm, I prefer taking pictures than having a pic of me taken. :)

    ReplyDelete