Thursday, June 3, 2010

Abe's Farm - Sage's Christening reception venue

It only takes about 20 to 30 minutes from Mabalacat or Angeles gate  in Clark to Abe's Farm in Magalang.  The roads are in good condition so traveling is very comfortable.  Be alarmed though that you are reaching the foothills of Mount Arayat as you are nearing Abe's Farm so expect a little rockiness on the road.

It was my first time here though I have heard and read about this restaurant from friends and blogs.  I had very high expectation of this place and was thinking this will equate my Bale Dutung experience.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  Well, I should haven't expected it that way as it's wrong to compare them for each have different offer to its diners.  Abe's Farm is authentic Kapampangan food while Bale Dutung is Kapampangan food with a twist,  talking about fusion.



The entrance.



On the way to the restaurant/dining area.



Abe's picture on the left and Sage's picture on the right welcoming visitors in the restaurant.



Being a true-blooded Kapampangan, I can say I find the taste ordinary but very delicious.  Contradicting, huh? Don't be confused.  My family is known to be good cooks except for my mom who's an Ilocano (Hehe! She's good with pinakbet and pork tapa though.)  I grew up tasting loads of food on every occasion especially fiestas and Christmas where I have sampled the dishes prepared by the best cooks in our town as well as have tried numerous restaurants in my lifetime so I can say I can pass as a critic for true Pampango dishes.  So I should say again that the food at Abe's farm is ordinary but delicious.  It's like the dishes were from fiestas that I go to when I was younger.  I miss those days!

The buffet table.



My plate.  I finished all its content! Told you the food is delicious.



My dessert - Ube & Macapuno.  Indeed a tandem!



Me with Sage's parents in cream & white and friends at work.



Aids loves modeling her new bag. :D  Isn't she pretty surrounded with greenery? :D



Lovely couple, Pao and Ambo.  Is the adjective appropriate for them? LOL.



Refreshing and relaxing view of Abe's farm.



I may go back to this place to sample their other dishes and bring some friends or family especially when I want to relax and when I crave  for authentic Kapampangan food.

http://abesfarm.com.ph/

3 comments:

  1. hahaha...as in you featured my photo in your blog.

    nice shots Marj...i like the way you captured 'em:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! You're pretty there, so it's worth featuring. Thanks for the compliment, Aids. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never forget their Ube Macapuno..truely heavenly! nyam nyam! hahaha

    ReplyDelete