Sunday, June 13, 2010

Is summer over?

I've been meaning to post this last week  but I couldn't find the right time as I was busy with baking and preparing for my niece's 7th birthday party.   Added to that is the no internet connection on places I've been to.


It has been raining the past week I left Pampanga and I was lucky to have another close-up pictures taken on my current favorite tree, the Flame Tree.  This tree is just near our office so on one of our breaks, my team and I decided to head to Mini-stop and pass by this beautiful tree to have a glimpse of it and a picture taken. On our way back to the office, raindrops started to pour.  If I remember it correctly, it started raining last May 29.  It rained daily until I left Pampanga  on June 5.  I have no idea if it rained still after that.  I guess, El Nino has ended and we're welcoming La Nina now.  I just hope not too much rain nor typhoon.



Isn't the tree very lovely? With its vibrant red-orange color, who would not be awed by its beauty?




I felt I was in another country when I saw the soil topped with fallen petals.  Actually, I always feel there's autumn season in Clark Field, Pampanga when some trees change their colors and leaves start to fall. Hahah!


Click the picture to see Abbey's smile. Heheh!


Abbey, Me & JB


Abbey, Jlyn & JB


Yours truly.  Have a "flame tree" weekend and enjoy the rest of the summer!





4 comments:

  1. nice shots Marj. actually my eyes would always look for that tree everytime we pass by where it stand, i'm awed with it's vibrant color...i think the trees inside clark follows the season in the US, that is why Clark used to be called little america.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aids! I didn't know Clark used to be called as such. It's a beautiful place and we're lucky that we get to enjoy it for years now. Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aawwww...the pictures are lovely! I remember you telling me this when we were on our way home few weeks back. Finally, I got to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I so love this tree. I just took a look at it yesterday as I missed it for a week and it's no longer colorful as the pictures here since the flowers have started falling. :(

    ReplyDelete