Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Tang!

Today is another special day as the world celebrates the day of one of the most important people in the planet, our fathers.

If you read my blog about Mother's Day, youou would know that we don't pass this event as we always celebrate occasions that involves our parents.

So, today is no exception.  Even though four of my sisters were not around and only my youngest sister and I are present to celebrate it with my father, we still tried to make it a happy occasion.  How?

With the contribution of everyone, we bought a gift for him - Bvlgari Aqua and bought and prepared food for a dinner treat at home.

Here's a picture of him proudly showing our gift.  He loves it much as he's very fond of perfume. Thus, it's so easy to find him a gift.



Our family loves to eat a lot so cooking and baking is just second nature. We opted for a take-out of pizza thoughwhich is one of my father's favorite food instead of making one for time is limited as my sister and I had work today.  I ordered  the Cheezy Volcano and Hawaiian pizza from Pizza Hut.



To complement the pizza, I had ready ingredients at home so I just cooked a simple pasta dish.  A combination of  supposedly olive oil (we ran out at home and stock was in the farm so canola oil was used instead), garlic, a tomato based sauce (for this one we used the Del Monte Tomato-Basil sauce), chili flakes (excess ones we get from Yellow Cab or Xtremely Espresso, LOL), some herbs such as ground oregano, salt and pepper and lotsa mozzarella cheese.  I like the bow tie pasta with this kind of sauce. PERFECT!  My father who's not  fond of meatless pasta likes this dish much. This is the 2nd time I cooked this for him. The first one was on his birthday last April and he really fell in love with it. Hahaha!


Sweets will never be out of the picture for the Manaloto family.  So to complete the dish I bought ice cream, one  for my father, Vanilla flavor that  is Sugar Free as he has a high Sugar.  The other one for us, well especially for me as Green Tea is one of my favorite flavor for life! LOL.



Lastly, even if I know that he's prohibited to eating sweets, I whipped up his all-time favorite cake, Peaches and Cream before I reported to work this morning. It indeed made him happy when he saw me decorating the cake with cream and peaches.





Here are some pictures to look back:



My father and I on a speed boat in Pearl Farm on our way to the restaurant for dinner.  Many people say I got my features from him. Do you agree?



@ Brazil Brazil Restaurant in Rockwell. He loves posing for the camera.  My sister Azha got this from him. LOL.



@ Parola Bar in Pearl Farm.  Just like my mother, I am his stylist too. Just thinking of it now, I am my family's stylist.  Hahah!  They all ask me to buy clothes or complete outfit on their behalf! Anyway, it looks like we got our "kakikayan" from our father.  He would always be the one who would be "maporma"  for an occasion as well as would comment on our clothes or how we look like whether we look good or not while our mother would just be silent or indifferent.



Happy Father's Day, TANG!  My sisters and I are  proud to have you as our father and very thankful that you have worked harder for us to have a good education and better life that you missed during your younger years.  I bet your father is very proud of you as well.  We hope we get to celebrate more father's day with you. Thanks so much and we love you!


5 comments:

  1. wow...groovy ya pa i tatang...happy father's day to him...making an effort to cook special meal for him on father's day proves that he's such a great dad to you and your siblings. we are blessed to have responsible father who looked after our welfare since the day we were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He loves posing for the camera. My sister Azha got this from him."
    correction ate marj, everybody in the family DOES LOVE to pose for the camera. hahaha. defensive ku neh? haha. and FYI, i used to be camera shy! so, basically it's not I who got that... maybe kochee? LOL
    anyway, as usual, meranup ku kareng food. shikes, i wana eat the cake with peaches and cream! huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. awa groovy ya talaga ita. heheh! yes, we are indeed blessed. happy father's day too to your dad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. you're indeed defensive. i don't think you can count me in who loves posing for the camera coz i prefer taking pics instead. isn't it you love me around for any trip we have as i am the only one taking the pics in the family.

    ReplyDelete