Monday, August 30, 2010

SM Little Star Regional Finals

Okay, this is a loooong overdue post.  This is, however my last post of the almost 2 week activities of my niece who stayed with us in Pampanga and who gave me the experience of being a stage mom (I was on backstage during this event accompanying her).  Haha!

She was lucky to be included in this contest as this was her first and was an unexpected representative of it.  If you read my previous post  here , it will tell you why.

Unfortunately, she didn't get the title.  But being part of the SM Little Star regional finals where she competed with the winners of SM Marilao in Bulacan, SM Baguio, and SM Rosales in Pangasinan was already something we are proud of.  For us, she's the winner as she faced the audience and her competitors with great singing voice and answered the questions as smartly as she could.  To add to that, she bravely accepted the defeat.  I just can't imagine how this frustration would add up to her personality when she wanted the title so badly.  I know there were unshed tears that she carefully kept from us.  Two candidates  (a boy and a girl) even cried and  it broke my heart seeing them in that state of emotion.  If I had my way, I would want to give each of them a prize to appease the feeling they had at that time.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pictures as well as my niece's video.  This phase of her life will always be something we will treasure forever.

The candidates - not being biased, but I have to admit she's the most photogenic among the four candidates.  Hehe!




The opening number - dancing a "Glee" song if I am not mistaken.




The presentation of candidates - Cheska introducing herself as the representative of SM Pampanga.



Cheska's talent - a 2-minute rendition of Christina Aguilera's Reflection.  Question and answer followed.







The four girl candidates in their last posing before the winners were announced.  L-R -  SM Rosales, SM Marilao, SM Pampanga and SM Baguio.   SM Baguio got the title.




PS : Cheska - even if your first wish to win the contest didn't happen, your other two wishes are taking place.  You are now popular in your own circle and I know this will become a bigger circle as you are  great "singing" artist where you are always asked to perform as a guest on numerous events.  I love you, sweetie!  Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment