Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mom's birthday

Today, mom turned 58 years old.  My sister, Mylene and I prepared food that was shared with my sister's boyfriend, friend, aunts and cousins.  We missed our 3 other sisters, 2 brothers-in-law and niece for this event though.

Actually, it was only Mylene who prepared all of  the food except for the pasta - Linguine in Seafood Marinara which I cooked.  You will see in the picture that we mostly had pizza.   This is because she put different variations of toppings on them.  It's Mye's favorite food to prepare during celebrations. Hehe!  When there's pizza, calzone (A calzone (Italian "stocking" or "trouser" or "drooping sack" or "hanging fold"[1]) is a turnover that originates from Italy. It is made of ingredients similar to pizza,[2] folded over and shaped like a crescent before being cooked.[3] The typical calzone is stuffed with tomato and mozzarella, and may include other ingredients usually associated with pizza toppings. - Wikipedia) is also included in the dishes she prepares.

We had two meat dishes - Crispy Pata and Fried Chicken (uncooked chicken brought by our friend, Tin)  to pair up with rice for we  know our father wouldn't be satisfied without eating rice for his dinner.  The rice  and Crispy Pata you see on the table was devoured by my father and my other sister, Manel.  LOL.  It's a good thing , I was not up for rice, otherwise I would have joined them in voraciously finishing the meat. Haha!

This time, it's Mye who baked the cake, a Black Forest.  She has been my apprentice at home for so long since I started baking.  Now, she can whip any cake, I guess, as she's getting more and more experienced with her current job in the Pastry Kitchen of Hotel Vida in Clark.

Lucky, Mye's boyfriend brought one of my favorite flavors of ice cream- Green Tea to add to our desserts.   Wine and Tequila were also served but no one asked for a shot or serving.  Some opted for the Absolut Vodka which wasn't served and got it from my collection of alcohol for my baking needs.

Even without planning as I only received a text this morning where Mye asked me to buy ingredients for the pizza she will make and me deciding what pasta to prepare, it turned out to be one of the happiest celebrations as all enjoyed the company and food.


After blowing of the candle.  It's  a funny picture of my mother and father.  Hehe!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MA!!!  May you have more birthdays to come.  We love you!  Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment