Thursday, November 11, 2010

Flowers make me give my best smile :)

Jill of all trades, that's what some would always tell me.  I would say, I am not.  I am just a person with so many interests that consequently, negatively affect my life.  Hahah!

It's frustrating when you  enjoy "so much" of many things that the tendency is losing  focus.  Until now, I don't know which among my interests is the most appealing for me.  LOL.

Anyway, here's one of the many things that I love to do.  I think only a few people knows that I love flowers, thus I got to like flower arrangement.  I even had a seminar workshop about 7 or 8 years ago with Pancho Pantig, a famous florist in Pampanga just to gain knowledge of this field.

In the years that passed, I was able to apply what I have learned during a wedding of a friend's friend where I made corsages and bouquets for the entourage and the bride, on a wedding of my uncle where I became the official florist/make-up artist/cook/photographer (what more can you ask for? hehehe!), during one Halloween party at work where I made headdresses for my teammates and on All Saint's Day.

Recently, I was tasked to arrange three pots of flowers on All Saint's Day.  It has been a long time since I arranged one and I was glad I still remembered a few principles.  The arrangement was not that spectacular but I was proud of the outcome given the limited resources.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment