Saturday, November 13, 2010

Flawless' Birthday Treat

Last July, I had my first facial cleaning at Flawless in SM Pampanga.  I enjoyed the experience as I felt relaxed after a tiring day.  I raved about it and shared it to my friend, Nikki. Since she wanted to experience it as well, we set a date to have a facial cleaning at Flawless in Marquee Mall Angeles, City.  

It was my birthday when we visited the clinic.  I asked if there was any promotion for birthday celebrators and I was surprised to be told there is! I got to get a 50% off of all their services except for the Power Peel.

With that perk, I had their most expensive facial which costs 880 pesos and body scrub at 2000 pesos.  I also had a hair wax on my underarm. Talking about getting advantage of  the special day, huh?  LOL

Okay, so here's the experience.  While I was grateful with the big discount, I wasn't satisfied with the services. Let me itemize them for you.   

Facial Cleaning -  The facial massage was great but the pricking of blackheads and pimples hurt so much! The tool used was so thin/slim I think that the ends really hurt skin.  I've had enough facial in my life (there was even a time I had to go to my dermatologist's clinic every 2 weeks for 3 months just to have a facial cleaning to know what hurts and not). Even Nikki told me hers hurt as well.  (Nikki and I share the same dermatologist, Dra. Beatrice Canga-Pineda of BCP Clinic in Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga).

Body Scrub with Bleach - While I like the scrub and wrap used which I believe complemented my super sensitive skin, I hate the ambiance and the shower head.  It was very inconvenient that when you wash off the scrub and wrap, your hair gets wet even if it was wrap in a shower cap (not plastic but looks like a paper was used!). The ambiance is not relaxing. Lights are too bright and temperature is cold.  I would prefer yellow light over fluorescent bulbs to use to add a peaceful mood as well as adding scented candles and music to put the client's mind at sleep. 

Hair wax - Not all hair were removed and it left a chicken skin.  




1 comment:

  1. this will be my first comment in your blogger blog! I'm so glad to have you here in blogger =)

    Thanks for the detailed review, I thought their service was really good because of the name/brand. I'm very particular pa naman when it comes to facials, kasi improper pricking method could worsen our skin's condition, lalo na if the facial hurts too much, and it would really leave a mark. :(

    ReplyDelete