Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sentro 1771 @ Greenbelt

This actually a continuation of the previous date.  After watching the movie, we walked to the Greenbelt Chapel to pay respect and then checked on some boutiques at Greenbelt  while looking for restaurant where we can have our early dinner.

My sister, Kei was looking for a restaurant that serves Filipino food while I am not in the mood to eat a heavy dinner as I was still full with the lunch I had.  I was suggesting Bizu as I just wanted to buy French Macarons but then Kei was insistent on looking for a Filipino restaurant.

So when we reached Sentro, she got excited as this is where she was thinking to bring us.

What did we order?

This is my favorite.  Tomato Kesong Puti Salad @ 180 pesos.  The dressing was so delicious and the cheese not so creamy.  The croquette cheese was also very yummy while the tomatoes were sweet.  Overall, I'll give this dish a perfect 10!



Specialty of the House - Sinigang na Corned Beef.  For sharing is at P595  while the solo is at  P310.  I never thought that corned beef can be cooked this way. Well, the same thought I had that Lechon can't be cooked in the same soup as this.  Very innovative and delicious.  By the way, the soup is customized the way you wanted its sourness.



Dinengdeng (Vegetable Potpourri) on the right @ P220 and Crispy Boneless Trotter at P550 on the left.  The dinengdeng is not that good.  The ones at Ilocos restaurants are still the best.  The crispy  pata is very tasty and the sauce is just right for the dish.  If I am not mistaken, they used a special vinegar for this.



Enjoying the food.



After the meal.  Very full!  We didn't have desserts as we were all thinking of having Lavazza coffee at my sister's place.



I will definitely go back to Sentro 1771 for the salad and to check their other dishes.

Sentro 1771 is located at Level 2, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati City.

http://www.chateaugroup.com/

4 comments:

  1. i heard good reviews from the sinigang na corned beef. ayoko rin maniwala nung una na me ganong dish pero so many people i knew said na it's yummy daw :) karakal mu food adventure ngene.. love your posts! keep em coming :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. ma-try nga yan pag uwi ko... hehehe...magkasya pa kaya ing blouses pepasali mo kanyan marj... pane ing fud trip...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, arlene. masaya ku pin at puro libre pa. hahah! :) minsan adventure ta rin at agkat taya nikki san. maski keni mu. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wa try me. tuki mu ku kareng food trip mu. haha! istu ku la ren. atin pa naman time to diet till december ah. basta tin sale, buy mu ku. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete