Saturday, September 4, 2010

My first Frutti Fro-yo experience

My sister, Azha was in Manila while my parents and I were on our way to Manila for a dinner treat at Spiral in Sofitel which deserves another post last week.  She sent me messages that we  have to meet with her  first before we head to the dinner for we need to try this fro-yo which she told me our parents would surely love.

True enough, they loved it!  Our family is addicted to frozen yogurt (fro-yo).  We all had our first taste of this "healthy ice cream" with our very own, Cold Spoon Frozen Yoghurt located at Sunset-Friendship road in Angeles City. Frutti Fro-yo is different however!  WHY? Let the pictures speak for themselves.

Upon entering the place, you get to be greeted by a signage giving you  instructions.  Frutti Fro-yo has 8 different flavors - Taro, Banana, Apple, Peach, Chocolate, Vanilla, Blueberry and Original.




Yes, everyone was excited in choosing the flavors, toppings and syrup.



Look at my father's face!  Just like a kid who can't wait to taste his customized fro-yo.  LOL.






I was the last to choose.  My sister suggested I try the Taro flavor and I did.  I also chose the Vanilla and Original flavor.  I don't want flavors to be mixing so I was careful in putting them on my cup.




My customized Frutti Fro-yo!  I loved the Taro flavor.  I wished it was all that I put in my cup.  The original flavor was sour as compared to Cold Spoon's and White Hat's.  The vanilla flavor wasn't distinct, so I know now what flavor to choose the next time I visit this place.  The toppings were just right.  I love them!  The blueberries, strawberries and mangoes were made of syrup (not the store-bought ones in can).  I added mixed nuts which neutralized everything.  NOW, I am craving!





Did we enjoy it?  Well, just look at the picture below.  Hehehe!






Thanks, Art for the treat.  He spent about 900 pesos for the five cups.  Not cheap though but worth a try!

Btw, did you know that this dessert is spelled with 3 variants?  Often it's spelled with yogurt, but it can also be yoghurt and yoghourt.   =)

2 comments:

  1. ihhh ate marj, i'm a froyo addict! love love the taro flavor.. sana atin makanyan keni pampanga, mashado neng mikwalta ing white hat kaku.. hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wapen eh, sana atin pin! taro's the best and with lots of nuts and fruit toppings. i love! :)

    ReplyDelete