Monday, September 6, 2010

A birthday treat of a childhood friend @ Siam House

Yesterday, my childhood friend, Riza gave us a birthday treat.  She surprised me and my other childhood friend, Grace by telling us she's in Pampanga and would want to go out with us.

So, we gave in and went to have lunch out at one of my favorite restaurants in Angeles City, Siam House.

Siam House is a Thai restaurant that serves authentic Thai food since the owner/chef is Thai (as I heard).   I have been to this place a couple of times and never have been disappointed.    Though the ambiance is not the typical well-decorated, lit and air-conditioned dining place, this restaurant gives a "homey" feeling for its "kitchenette" look.    Anyway, what's important is we get a clean place, friendly staff and delicious food that we get value for our money.



There are two beverages that I always order from this place.  One is the Thai Iced Tea which is shown on the picture below.  Another one is their Tamarind juice which comes in a can.  You should try both for the experience (since some are not really into this type of drinks, my friend is one who didn't like the taste of the Thai Iced tea).

On the upper right of the collage is the TomYam soup in coconut milk . We chose seafood for this one.    I love how the  milk blends well with all the Thai herbs, vegetables and seafoods.  Very delicious!

For the appetizer the "birthday lady"  recommended the Chicken Salad which is my a first try for me.  I super love it!  I ate it with fresh cabbage.  The salad is a mixture of ground chicken breast, red onions, Thai herbs and a sauce that's spicy and sweet.  YUMMY!



For our main dish, we had the famous "Bagoong Rice" (left picture).  I forgot all the Thai names so I would just be telling them in English.  This is my favorite dish.  You can eat it as it is.  Why?  Just check the toppings on the dish.  It has a flavorful pork, prawns, scrambled egg and sliced green mangoes.  Fulfilling!

On the upper right of the collage is Prawns in Red Curry sauce.  It's tasty and creamy but it's not something I will order again.  Check our local eggplant (circle variety) that were diced and the green circles which resemble green peas.  They are actually called Thai eggplants!   They are somewhat spicy and taste like peppers.  Great combination huh?

The last on our meal is the Seafood in Basil.  I like the simplicity of the sauce and the taste of the basil.  Well, basil is on the herbs that I love.  Be it, the Thai variety or the Italian ones.


The birthday celebrator with me and Grace.




From Siam House, we headed to SM Clark and ended our date at Divas Kaffe.  I ordered Green Tea Frappe to compare it to that of Starbucks.  Not disappointing.  The taste actually comparable but I will still go for Starbucks.  Hehe!  I forgot to ask Riza on how she paid for the drink so I can provide detail on this.



The dishes we had were mostly priced at 180 pesos and I can say not bad as we left the restaurant very full.

Thanks, Riza for the treat and belated happy birthday again!  :D




***Siam House is located  along Fields Avenue in Angeles City.

4 comments:

  1. i also love thai iced tea! thai food for me is banana leaf (in trinoma or g-belt). makadanup ya ing blog mu - luvet!! btw, looking forward to the post re:spiral buffet experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't tried banana leaf yet. my sisters don't like it kc. the food isn't that delicious daw. i have to try it myself though. for thai iced tea, you have to go to chatuchak market in bangkok. it's the best!!! puro food ing makapost neh? apin ing reason yan kung bakit manaba ku. lol. i'll try to post the spiral buffet experience this week. i took a lot of pics and dunno how to arrange them yet eh. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ay meranup ko bigla... love ko rin ing thai fud... keni magluto ko thai shrimp red curry grabe yummy talaga.... kaya pati ing bro in law ko na greek mebyasa ne mu rin mamangan asian fud...hehe...yesterday megluto ko ginataan calabasa at sitaw na may hipon grabeh lunch and dinner iyang pengan na.. at aneh kaburi king luto ko... try tamu pin ing thai fud ayan keng magbakasyon ko...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wa super nyaman thai food! you have to go to bangkok to taste the authentic ones. just thinking of it, bisa ku atang munta bangkok. tara bangkok ta na january. haha! am sure aburi ng brother-in-law mu ing luto mu kc manyaman kang magluto. i remember pin one christmas, you gave me a plate of spaghetti na talagang aburi ke. magluto kang thai shrimp red curry kauli mu neh?

    ReplyDelete