Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Better than Starbucks?

Okay, I am not a barista nor an expert with coffee as I do seldom drink this beverage.  But lately, I came to love it again.  And yesterday, I had another chance to drink the best coffee I've ever tasted so far at my sister's place.

It's Lavazza, branded as "Italy's favorite coffee".  When I was searching for best schools to study coffee,  Italy came to the picture so I guess that explains why this coffee can be considered as one of the best in the world.

A good coffee though needs a reliable coffee maker. It's amazing how this little equipment do wonders to coffee.



I was getting excited while my cup is getting full.  I want my coffee though with lots of milk and sugar. Hehe! Told you, I am not really a coffee-drinker.  Nonetheless, with milk and sugar, it's still the best next to UCC (Ueshima Coffee Company) of Japan and Starbucks of US.


I remember I had a first taste of this coffee and fell in love with it when I visited my sister, Kei in Punta Fuego last April.  This was how my morning was then.  How, I wish I can have all mornings like this but then, there's no Lavazza at home.  :(



Note:  My coffee is Lavazza in a Starbucks mug.  My blog was still at blogger with the same name.  Just a passing thought - I am still thinking of going back to that site...

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting. Out here in Australia, Starbucks is known for its monumental failure. People here just didn't think that the coffee was as good as established local brands like Campos and international brands like Lavazza. The company failed to understand the deeply entrenched coffee culture here.

    In the end, however, I think that coffee is like wine in the sense that everyone wants to be perceived as a connoisseur but in reality most people wouldn't pass the Pepsi test.

    Lovely photos BTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I didn't know that happened in Australia. Thanks for the info. Here in the Philippines, Starbucks is famous. I, for one is a fan but not of its coffee. Hehe! I love their Green Tea Frap so much that I can drink that daily. LOL. Just kidding.

    I agree with you in comparing coffee with wine. Great analogy you have in there. :D

    Thanks for the comment on the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete