Sunday, July 4, 2010

Eclipse & Filipinos

I watched Eclipse today at SM Clark with my youngest sister, Mylene and we were both frustrated! Frustrated not with the movie but with the people watching it and place where we viewed it.

Even on its  3rd or 4th day with two cinemas  available at SM to choose from,  people of different ages swarmed the place.  Yes, I anticipated that the movie house is full on a Saturday as the movie is a phenomenal success as the previous ones (Twilight & New Moon).  But what I did not anticipate are teenagers nicely seated in the aisle/stairs chit-chatting while the movie is starting. Oh well, I just had to be myself and glared at them while saying in Pampango "Nanu, mipagkwento ta namo?!" (Okay, are we just gonna be chatting here?!)

I also didn't expect a noisy couple seated next to me (my sister was seated 3 seats apart from my chair as there were no more seats available except those that are very near the screen which I didn't like).  The wife who's pregnant kept on telling stories from the book of some scenes so her husband can catch up with the story and reacting while saying YUCK whenever Bella kisses Jacob!!! How rude is that?!

Lastly are the employee and activities of SM.   The female security guard of SM kept on walking multiple times throughout the movie and insensitive of the people whom she might  be blocking their sight.  How discourteous!  There was an orchestra playing at SM Activity Center at the time we watched the movie and I mistakenly thought the music was a background  from the movie while Edward and Bella are exchanging sweet words at movie's ending.  Indeed a very disappointing experience.

With all these frustrations, I told my sister while walking out of the cinema that I wished manners on how to watch a movie were taught in school.  This way, Filipinos will be able to show respect of their  seat mates and all people surrounding them in the Cinema.  Movie houses regardless of location (be it at the Podium, Greenbelt, SM, or elsewhere) will not be the issue then for its the people's discipline that would matter.

2 comments:

  1. What a messy people. My mom is a filipina and been their in her country for a couple of times and i still believe that filipino's are still hospitable, respectful and honest. It's just that not filipino's carries those good traits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi babytyche08! Thanks for visiting my site. Yes, there are still a number of Filipinos who have really great traits. It's just sad that the younger ones are not inheriting them. :(

    ReplyDelete