Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bale Dutung - the reception venue

When my sister announced her civil wedding would be held in our town, the first thing she asked me was where we're going to have lunch after the ceremony.  We thought of two places - Yats & Bale Dutung.  She checked on the menu of both dining places and because of my persuading and their "5 ways of  serving lechon", we decided to have it at Bale Dutung.

Bale Dutung  (Pampango term for house of wood) is located at Villa Gloria in Angeles City and is owned by two Kapampangans - renowned artist/chef , Claude and his wife, Mary Anne Tayag.  Claude himself cooks the food while Mary Anne takes charge of the dining service.  A very good tandem. 

I am glad that I learned of this place from food bloggers that I follow as this dining place is a well-kept secret located in a subdivision.  Being a food lover, I totally enjoyed the whole experience of having to taste good food from appetizer, the 5 or 6 lechon dishes down to the desserts and drinks, not to mention the hospitality of the couple. 

I can't wait on a next food trip on this place.  Sisses, let's plan another party there. Calling Maritza...  :D

[gallery orderby="rand"]

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you're blogging again! Looking to forward to read more of your posts!

    By the way, I wanna eat @ Bale Dutung too, I wanna try their Paradiso dessert!!

    Nice pics dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's nice to record experiences so we have something to look back to for we can't always rely on our minds particularly when we're getting older. Hehe! Yes, let's eat there when Arnold comes home. LOL. I'll post the pics of the food soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo,

    tnx for checking my blog. i'm glad ikit kune ing blog mu, please keep it updated, metung ya kareng libangan kuna ini...hehehe.

    happy blogging:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa, Jo magblogging ku ulit at sana pin a update ke lagi. Thanks din for checking mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ate marj, blogdancing here, hope to read more of your post..keep on updating =) ♥muah♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit, Coline. Di na nga sya na update eh. Heheh! I'll try my very best though to post more and more in the coming days. :D

    ReplyDelete