Saturday, August 21, 2010

Snacking...

Today, I snacked on food I don't usually eat.

I was supposed to just have Green Tea Ice cream but I saw some leftover bread - pan de sal and paired it with it.  I love how the blandness of the bread complements the sweetness of the ice cream.  If you're familiar with dirty ice cream, bread and ice cream is part of the offer of our "mamang sorbetero" (ice cream vendor in the streets).



I also had binatog (boiled mature white corn kernels, topped with grated coconut and salt) which I bought from a vendor a few hours after eating the ice cream.  Corn is one of my comfort foods and this snack puts me to a state of contentment. This is how food affects my mood.  Hahah!

2 comments:

  1. meranup ko bigla keng binatog ayan... amiss ko tuloy kapag banda 2pm keng Sinura babatingting nala deng magtinda.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa! aku abangan ke lagi tang babatingting. Ing problema maralas asno pangabilis at ali ku makasali. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete